Tender green beans with cherry tomatoes, shaved carrot, radish, cucumbers, and broccoli spring onion pesto.
This is a yummy summer salad loaded with fresh from the garden veggies.
The pesto for this dish is made with raw broccoli and spring onions. I chopped them by hand, but a food processor will save you some time. Place all of the ingredients in the processor except for the honey, juice, and oil. Pulse, scraping down the sides until the veggies are finely chopped. Mix in the other ingredients and done.
There is some cooking for this salad, blanching the green beans. To do this, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the beans to the water and cook for 5-10 minutes until just tender. Immediately drain them and place them in ice water until cool. Drain them thoroughly before mixing the salad.
Garden Green Bean Salad
- 1/2 head broccoli minced fine 3/4 cup
- 1 small spring onion minced fine 2 1/2 tbsp
- 1/4 c basil chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 2 pounds green beans blanched
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 radish shaved 1/3 cup
- 1 carrots shaved 3/4 cup
- 1/2 cucumber halved and sliced 1 cup
- celery leaf or basil as needed for garnish
- Finely chop the broccoli and spring onions and mix with the other ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Blanch and cool the green beans. Toss with the cut vegetables and pesto. Season to taste and serve immediately.